Subway Enthusiasts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all Subway Enthusiasts

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How to Order Subway

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Hello Kitty
Breakfast 6" Sub
Hello Kitty

How to Order Subway Empty
PostSubject: How to Order Subway   How to Order Subway EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 12:26 pm

Wikihow says how to properly order a Subway like this:

Step 1: Decide before you approach the counter what type of bread, meat, and veggie you want. Do not wait until coming to the front of the line to begin deciding. If you are unsure, allow others to order first.

Step 2: Ask any questions you have before beginning the order process.

Step 3: Tell the staff the type of bread you would like (Italian, white, wheat, honey oat, Hearty Italian(sprinkled with cornmeal) or herbs and cheese) and if you would like a six inch or footlong. Keep in mind that if you are with a friend, you can buy a footlong sub and share it and still get more than enough to eat. Also available are flatbread and salads.

Step 4: Tell what type of sandwich you would like. If you don't know the exact name, the staff can help determine what you want. For example you don't know the name of it, but your friend had you try a sandwich with chicken and a sweet sauce. The staff can quickly tell that you want the chicken teriyaki.

Step 5: Add cheese if desired. Not all Subways carry the same kinds of cheese, and some cheeses look similar, so be specific. Do not just say the white cheese as almost all Subway cheese variates are white.

Step 6: Decide upon warming. Would you like you sandwich placed in the oven and toasted or microwaved,(Note, Subways in the UK no longer allow the microwaving of sandwiches,only the meats) Toasting a sandwich is a good idea if it is a wet sandwich like meatballs or with a hot meat like steak or chicken. Try cold cut subs hot for a different taste.

Step 7: Tell the worker what type of veggies you would like on your meal. Be specific a little lettuce or a lot of pickles.

Step 8: Order condiments: mayo, mustard, sweet onion sauce, etc. If you're not ordering off the menu, nothing is 'automatically' put on.

Step 9: Pay at the register the amount you are told. Unless the price seems very unreasonable, do not argue or comment about the price because it is preset by the computer. Unless a wrong item was rung up there is nothing a member of staff can do to change the price. However, if you wish to save money, avoid going for the combo deal. Also, you can ask for water and they will provide you with a free cup.

Step 10: Say Thank you

It also gives some "handy"tips on making sure your Subway experience is fulfilled to its capacity

Be as polite as possible, for the happier the Subway employee is, the better crafted your sub will be.

If you go to the same store often, learn the employees' names and, if not busy, strike up a conversation with them. Friendly, repeat customers make everyone's day better, and if employees like you, they are more likely to bring specials and discounts to your attention.

If you think the employee did not put the proper amount of any item (especially meats or cheeses which cost extra), or if you think they are putting on too much, you should politely ask to see the chart that tells each Subway employee the standard quantities. This will better inform you for this and future orders.

Don't try to order while talking on your cell phone. This is extremely rude and will almost definitely lead to your sandwich being made incorrectly. Unless your ordering a sandwich for the person on the phone. They will gladly take the order.

Back to top Go down
t00l
Value Pick 12" Sub
t00l

PostSubject: Re: How to Order Subway   How to Order Subway EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 3:02 pm

awesome.

But I see steps 1 - 10 violated almost every day in a subway.

even in that order too!
Back to top Go down
Chicken Phillet
Breakfast 6" Sub
Chicken Phillet

PostSubject: Re: How to Order Subway   How to Order Subway EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 3:46 pm

yeah it never goes like that. ever.

one day this dero came in and he's like, 'i want a six in italian.' so naturally i assume he means italian herb.. so i ask him what he wants on it and he snaps back, 'six. inch. ITALIAN.' and im like, 'yeah. thats what i have. what would you like on it?'

and he's like 'ITALIAN. don't you have it? Its right there. ITALIAN B.M.T!! whats wrong with you?'

so i'm like, 'fuck this. get out.' and i walk off.

..he spits on the glass then walks out.
Back to top Go down
12er
Value Pick 6" Sub
12er

PostSubject: Re: How to Order Subway   How to Order Subway EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 4:44 pm

In the immortal words of slipknot

PEOPLE = SHIT
Back to top Go down
http://www.chillforums.escape.to
t00l
Value Pick 12" Sub
t00l

PostSubject: Re: How to Order Subway   How to Order Subway EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 4:55 am

oh my.
What a dick.
I'd like to say maybe it was just the area you were working in, but they are everywhere!

If we all started listing our stories this thread would go on forever... Actually, that might be an idea.

The most I get is on the wait time. I mean, come on, harry potter has just come out, your here on a saturday night and there are 26 cinemas, half with over 300 seats
Oh, and did I mention they all rock up late to begin with? So clearly its my fault that the customer experienced bad traffic and got there late.

However, practically the only time i've had someone pull the 'customers always right' bullshit was when this old lady watched someone jump the line with internet tickets, and when she wanted an explaination, she decided that wasn't good enough and pulled the 'c.a.r.' crap.
So I asked her what the winning lotto numbers were.

I have to admit though, that was the fastest come back i've ever had and it will probably wont happen for a while.

Last edited by t00l on Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
12er
Value Pick 6" Sub
12er

PostSubject: Re: How to Order Subway   How to Order Subway EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 11:30 am

t00l that doesn't make any sense did u leave half the story out?

Anyway one from the massive massive list of dickheads that come into David Jones.

Some idiot had a slow cooker that was about 15months out of warranty and bought it back expecting a refund.

I was all like -.-

Anyway I told him it came with a 12month warranty and he would need to take it to the Adelaide service centre to see if it could be repaired.

Then he was like O_O

And he said oh well choice magazine say that all products sold in Australia have a statutory warranty that lasts for the life of the product. (which is just not accurate at all)

I was now like -_-

So I say to him Choice can say whatever they like it makes no difference though ur product is out of warranty.

Then he was all like :O

And he goes I bought this from u guys because I though u were the best, I've been a customer here for 30years and I've never had a problem ect ect.

Now I am totally >_<

Then In the end he demands to talk to the manager who was like just give him a refund. Then its like ok so the company won't take back the product coz the warranty has expired and DJs just lost the price of that product...good work dickheads, u wonder why profits are down and u have to make staff cuts.

Him :D
Me O_o
Back to top Go down
t00l
Value Pick 12" Sub
t00l

PostSubject: Re: How to Order Subway   How to Order Subway EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 12:14 pm

totally. Its always easier to make the customer happy and make you look like an idiot.

They do it at the movies too with refunds.

also, @ rad master: I am aware that my post made almost no sense. But thats what a rant is.
Back to top Go down
12er
Value Pick 6" Sub
12er

PostSubject: Re: How to Order Subway   How to Order Subway EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 2:08 pm

Rants are chill!
Back to top Go down
footlong
Seafood Sensation
footlong

PostSubject: Re: How to Order Subway   How to Order Subway EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 11:15 pm

Should get out of retail/hospitality

your sanity will greatly increase
Back to top Go down
t00l
Value Pick 12" Sub
t00l

PostSubject: Re: How to Order Subway   How to Order Subway EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 4:23 am

True, even doing a placement with people with brain injuries my greater well being has gone up.
Back to top Go down
Hello Kitty
Breakfast 6" Sub
Hello Kitty

PostSubject: Re: How to Order Subway   How to Order Subway EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 1:45 pm

How about some little old lady the other day kindly told me to pass a message onto management that she thinks the manager at the reject shop is a cunt. her words, not mine.

best ever jocolor i said. yes, i will pass that on for you.
Back to top Go down
t00l
Value Pick 12" Sub
t00l

PostSubject: Re: How to Order Subway   How to Order Subway EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 4:50 am

like actually said cunt.
awesome. intense for reject shop
Back to top Go down
12er
Value Pick 6" Sub
12er

PostSubject: Re: How to Order Subway   How to Order Subway EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 6:16 am

Reject shop is shit, and yeah footer i need to get a new job or win the lottery
Back to top Go down
t00l
Value Pick 12" Sub
t00l

PostSubject: Re: How to Order Subway   How to Order Subway EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 10:24 am

should work at subway.

we'll infiltrate that shit
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to Order Subway   How to Order Subway Empty

Back to top Go down

How to Order Subway
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Subway Enthusiasts :: Stores and Tips-
Jump to: